Friday, August 18, 2023

Completed: Spryo 3: Year of the Dragon

My first ever Spyro game and I loved it. As a kid I was put off by how kiddie it seemed and I was more into Crash Bandicoot (because it was the 90s and you HAD to pick a side when it came to gaming mascots). How stupid I was. I wanted to play it on PS1 as opposed to the HD remakes to see what it was like back then and I was not disappointed. This is easily one of the most polished PS1 games I've ever played and as a fan of collectathons it's a bit silly it's taken me this long to play it. Would definitely like to play the rest in the trilogy at some point.

Loved: Pretty much everything. Definitely an all-time classic collectathon platformer
Meh: Playing as other characters could get old and feel forced but as the third game in the series I get why they added that to keep it fresh considering all three games were released in a 3 year span.




No comments:

Post a Comment